Author Topic: Jäähyaitio  (Read 17748 times)

Horizontal

• Täysjäsen
    • View Profile
Jäähyaitio
« on: 07.11.08 - klo:15:14 »
[lihavointi HJ]

Guardiankin jättää tyynesti viittaamatta mihinkään kertoessaan tutkimuksesta, joka siis on mikä ja missä ?

So who is telling the truth? To find out, I travelled to the 'suicide belt' in Maharashtra state.

For official figures from the Indian Ministry of Agriculture do indeed confirm that in a huge humanitarian crisis, more than 1,000 farmers kill themselves here each month.

It seems that many are massively in debt to local money-lenders, having over-borrowed to purchase GM seed.

Pro-GM experts claim that it is rural poverty, alcoholism, drought and 'agrarian distress' that is the real reason for the horrific toll.

But, as I discovered during a four-day journey through the epicentre of the disaster, that is not the full story.

In one small village I visited, 18 farmers had committed suicide after being sucked into GM debts. In some cases, women have taken over farms from their dead husbands - only to kill themselves as well.

Turha lainata enempää, kannattaa linkata itsensä suoraan tuonne ja lukea koko artikkeli ajatuksella (ja kriittisesti tietenkin).
The GM genocide

Lopuksi:
Here in the suicide belt of India, the cost of the genetically modified future is murderously high.

Tästä löytyy artikkeliin liittyvä filkka, jossa Monsanton kommentti asiaan kuuluu lyhyesti suunnilleen näin: maanviljely Intiassa on haasteellista ...
« Last Edit: 07.11.08 - klo:19:47 by Heikki Jokipii »

Heikki Jokipii

• Ylläpitäjä
    • View Profile
    • Email
Vs: Jäähyaitio
« Reply #1 on: 07.11.08 - klo:19:46 »
Tämän vielä siirsin tänne. Seuraavan vastaavan tuhoan kokonaan. Syy asiaan on lihavoitu. Eikä enää käytetä tätä.
« Last Edit: 07.11.08 - klo:20:23 by Heikki Jokipii »